'A healthy balanced soil is the foundation, necessary for healthy plants'
At Mountfair Farming we understand that looking after our soils is particularly important in farming today. We understand that a farming system is driven by profit, not just production, and that it needs to maximises returns but also be sustainable long term. Hence in 2002 we began an ethos of biological farming.
A Biological farming system works with nature to develop a farm which is environmentally sound and which leaves the land, water and plants in a healthy, productive state for all future generations.
- A safe and sustainable system designed to obtain optimum production
- A common sense approach - focuses on ways to reduce input costs and to increases profits whilst improving soil conditions
- Taking care of soil life - using tillage methods to enhance soil organisms
- For Soils: Get the soil alive with earthworms other soil organisms, and balance soil minerals
- For Crops: Produce strong and healthy crops, full of nutrients capable of high yield
- Using Cattle Manure and Hen Manure on farms to increase the organic levels of the soils